Monday, February 2, 2009

U-Blog 1 Corporate Training Input

For my unstructured blog I decided to write about my feelings about corporate training in the workplace. Corporate Training is quite possibly the most important aspect of any business for their employees. Working in a information technology environment I have become self aware of the actions of certain employees who do not understand the same aspects about certain issues that occur in the IT workplace. This is due to the lack of corporate training that was involved from the start of their work. For example, we have a series of programs that the developers have produced for manufacturing work throughout the workplace. If one of these programs fails the operator of that program is suppose to call us to verify the problem regardless of their computer knowledge, (which in most cases is very little). This is where the problems take place, because the two operators that are trying to handle the situation do not have very much knowledge about the subject, this is why the corporate training is so important. Because, if the operators or at least one operator actually knew about the program to begin with then the downtime of this problem would have been minimal.
This is was not the situation with myself, because I had to research and find out about the program myself from the computer knowledge that I had, because I still received hardly any training on the situation. Of course my job description is just to relay the information to the programmers, it helps when I can verify the problem myself and are able to solve it without having to wake people up at 2 in the morning. I hope that more corporate training can be implemented to insure that people can work smarter and not harder for the workplace and maintain valuable job security.

No comments:

Post a Comment